Popular in urban environments and often used to make the most of available space both above and below the roof, flat roofs are an ideal roof for a number of different buildings.
It is important to note that flat roofs are not 100% flat. In order to allow the water to drain properly, flat roofs are always built with a slight incline to help direct the water off and keep it from pooling up. Most flat roofs are built with multiple slants, directing the water to various gutters or downspouts.
When it comes to choosing a flat roof system, there are multiple choices available including single-ply, built-up roof, modified bitumen, and rubber membrane.
Single ply roofing systems provide strength, flexibility and durability.
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin - Thermoplastic Polyolefin roofs are one of the fastest growing roofs in the flat roofing industry. TPO is considered energy-efficient, has reflective properties, and is ENERGY STAR rated.
- Polyvinyl Chloride - PCV has been performing for decades, and is another option for reflective roofing. PVC is also ENERGY STAR rated, and has the potential to decrease energy bills.
- EPDM - Low maintenance, and weather resistant, EPDM is an ideal roofing system is ideal for those in hotter climates, and where reflectivity is highly sought after.
Built-Up Roof (BUR)
The built up roof system (BUR) is composed of alternating layers of materials which create a finished membrane. This system has been used for over 100 years in the US, and is commonly referred to as "tar and gravel."
Modified bitumen roofing systems consist of adding modifiers to asphalt to give it added durability. These systems are available as one, two, or three ply.
Much like the name suggests, the rubber membrane roofing systems are compiled of large, flat pieces of synthetic rubber or similar materials. These pieces are then welded together to give a continuous membrane.
At Quality Commercial Roofing, we are pleased to offer our clients in Houston and the surrounding areas flat roofs that are made with high-quality materials and installed to the highest professional standards. Call 832-352-7997 to find out how affordable a professionally installed flat roof can be.
For more information on a flat roof in Houston, contact Houston roofing contractors - Quality Commercial Roofing today. We proudly serve Houston, Texas and the surrounding areas of Sugar Land, Pearland, Katy, Houston, Bellaire, Spring, The Woodlands, and Cypress.
Why Choose Us
- Free Estimates
- Unprecedented Customer Service
- Highest Quality Standards
- Happy and Motivated Work Force
- Committed to our Clients